Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Gone AWOL

So it has been a while since we have had any blog activity. I assure anyone out there who cares (Which I am sure most of you don't) that we are still alive and well.

I have a busy month ahead of me. With two spring turkey tags to fill, possible travels over the big pond to our east, and in the first week of June I will be headed on an epic fishing journey, into the bowels of Ontario. This special fly in trip, sort of fell into my lap thanks to some extremely generous friends of mine, who happen to suffer from my same condition. (Fish on the brain-isidous).

I have been at the vise almost every night for the past week or two, trying to build up enough quality flies to bring with me. Attempting to cover all my bases for top water and sub-surface has become an entertaining challenge. Not to mention I am tying for multiple species including but not limited to Pike, Smallmouth and Walleye. With that said, posting photos of my progress at the wee hours of the night has not been my top priority. I will however, take inventory and post up some flies.

For now here is a picture of our destination; an island, on a lake, only accessible by float plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment